Health Professional Training Weekends - Next course 14th/15th October 2017
Bodies Under Construction Kids run evidence based training courses for Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists and other key players in Child Health and Exercise. Our aim is to see children of all physical abilities enjoying exercise which leads on to a healthy, active adulthood. Increased opportunity to exercise with programmes that consider greater range in abilities enables more children to increase gross motor skills. With improved gross motor skill comes increased fine motor ability and improved academic outcomes.
This 2 day practical course will cover the following content;
- Exercise and its positive effects on the brain, cognition and learning capability.
- Current guidelines and the public health agenda for children in the UK and how and we will consider what our role is in their delivery.
- Teach and provide resources to use our exercise programmes designed for 1:1 or group work with these children including the StartWrite, JumpWrite, RunWrite exercise programmes
- Health promotion in schools – assemble talk material and evidence behind getting more involved in transferring knowledge to teachers and pupils
- We will show the link between educational goals like improved handwriting and improving general motor skills from the evidence and our programmes currently in action in schools in Surrey Impact of exercise on Hypermobility, ADHD, ASD, Hypotonia, DCD