The management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, ligaments and tendons.
The reported benefits of Massage include:
- Improve circulation & lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
To benefit from a massage you do not need to be a sports performer. We have excellent practitioners that work with a great range of clients. The benefits above can also help relieve many day-to-day problems that everyone experiences.
If you are a sports performer (at any level) a sports specific massage can be beneficial at various stages of participation. Regardless of your experiences in sport or exercise whether you exercise socially or compete to an international level - massage may have something to offer you.
Finding the Right Massage Therapy Team
It’s a minefield though finding a team of specialist massage therapists, that are skilled and trained to the highest professional standards. Here at Bodies Under Construction we pride ourselves on providing a bespoke and tailor-made experience.
Soft tissue work is so important. As part of our treatment process, when patients come along for Physiotherapy. Built up tension can cause a lot of discomfort. We have many patients who have seen benefit from a Massage Plan of Care. Which involved a mixed approach of soft tissue work, myofascial release, stretching and remedial exercise.
Massage Is Not Just for Pampering
Our clients buy blocks of sessions and work alongside our therapists to reach certain goals. Be that improvement of a Physical problem or maintenance of healthy soft tissue. Some of our clients describe how essential this is to helping them control stress levels and having some “me time” helps with overall resilience.
Have You Tried Massage Before and Has This Type of Thing Happened to You?
- You’ve been to a massage therapist who worked far too hard and every minute you cringed through the session and wished it would stop?
- It seems as if the massage therapist ran out of time and somehow didn’t balance the massage evenly to both sides of your body?
- You asked the therapist to focus on a particular area and this wasn’t done?
- You felt a little uncomfortable and too exposed during your massage?
- Your massage therapist just rubbed oil all over you and there was no specific attention to the areas where you experienced most tension?
- Your massage therapist worked with no intuition and just went through a set sequence of massage strokes?
- The oil used was far too greasy and you felt that you needed 2 showers to get it off you?
If any of these have happened to you – then you are not alone. We have heard this many times before. We would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Massage Therapists at our Chiswick or Putney Physiotherapy Clinics to find out what can be done to help you. Our massage therapists work closely with the rest of our multidisciplinary team, which include Physiotherapy and Pilates. Working together to help you ease pain and stiffness, and assist with your wellbeing and the maintenance of your recovery.
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
There Are Many Types of Massage Styles We Focus on:
- Myofascial Release
- Remedial Massage
- Sports Massage
- Antenatal and Postnatal Massage
- Massage and Passive Stretching
If you want to book an appointment and know what it costs - and what availability we have for massage at our Physiotherapy clinics in Bracknell, Chiswick, Putney and Windsor, then please just click the button below and complete the short form: